Welcome to "Folk at the Barlow".
Friday 2nd September.
All are welcome at our monthly singaround
from 8.00 PM - 11.00 in the Library at The Barlow.
Friday, 16th September at 8.00 PM.
Keith Kendrick & Sylvia Needham.
Keith and Sylvia sing mainly English traditional and traditionally influenced contemporary songs and work extensively all over the UK, Europe and beyond.Both have a very wide ranging repertoire, strong voices and uncannily compatible and complimentary styles of delivery, affording an exciting enhancement in duo and between them produce a striking acapella harmony sound. With a formidable history of performing experience behind them, their recorded work is matched only by their live gigs which are always a vocal and musical revelation as well as a hoot! They also frequently accompany themselves and play lively dance tunes on three different systems of the only English invented musical instrument - the Concertina. And when they're not doing that you'll probably find them playing lively and stirring music for the Winster Morris Dancers. Excellent support will be provided by our old friends, Dave and Helen Howard.
* Guests are placed on a list on the recommendation of Committee Members and regulars who attend singer's nights and guest nights.
* The Committee vote on the list and the most popular artistes/groups are contacted.
* We never book guests or support acts on cold calls, emails or facebook requests. If we wish to book, we will contact the artiste/agent directly.
* All gigs at the club are unplugged, unless specifically agreed in advance.
* Support on guest nights is provided by local artistes/groups chosen by the Committee.
To book tickets for any of our events, please phone us on 07427 613783